Installing Oracle Forms 10g in Windows Vista system is tricky part. While installation it will give the following error
Checking installer requirements…
Checking operating system version: must be 5.0, 5.1 or 5.2. Actual 6.0
Exiting Oracle Universal Installer, log for this session can be found at C:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory\logs\installActions2012-07-08_10-48-18PM.log
Please press Enter to exit…
After lot of finding finally able resolve the problem. We need to change the following thing to make it works. Here are the steps:-
1. Extract the Oracle forms Disk1 and Disk2 in C:\Oracledirectory.
2. Right click on setup.exe and click properties.
3. Navigate to Compatibilitytab.
4. Check the Compatibility mode set it for Windows XP (Service Pack 2). Also click the Show settings for all users. For other users also check the Compatibility mode set it for Windows XP (Service Pack 2).
5. Once done right click the setup.exe and click Run as administrator.
6. Next oracle universal installer screen will be displayed.
7. Follow the usual steps to install Oracle Forms 10g.
Note: – In Case if it throws any error related to paging sizes then change the paging size. To change the page size, right clicks on my computer and go to properties. Click Advance system settingsoption. In System properties click advanced tab–>performance settings tab. Click advanced and click change in virtual memory section. Set the custom page size as min 2048 and max 4096.
Oracle forms 10g Download Link
Reader let me know your opinion.